When scanning a test kit, have you received the error message “A test kit with this barcode has already been used”? If so, please:
1. Try to register a different barcode from an unused tube. If you have a non-error barcode, you can remove the duplicate barcode off of your test tube and affix the successful barcode.
**Do not throw out the tube or switch swabs to a different tube. Once the barcode is changed, you will be good to go!
- Don’t have more working barcodes? Follow the directions in steps 3 and 4.
2. Regardless of whether you are able to perform the first step, place a new order for supplies.
3. Submit a Support Ticket with the following information so our support team can send along PDF barcodes:
- Can you send a screenshot of the error code on your device?
- How many tubes are affected?
4. Upon receipt of the PDF barcodes, please follow the steps below to affix them to your test kits:
- First, print out the sheet(s) of barcodes.
- Make sure the PDFs are unmodified, and that printing settings are: letter, fit to scale, single sided, black and white.
- Next, remove the existing duplicate barcode from the test tube. Leave the used swabs in the tube, do not remove them.
- Next, cut out a single barcode from the PDF file.
- Next, scan the cut-out PDF barcode into the portal to register it.
- Next, once you have confirmed the barcode for the tube is registered in the portal, tape the paper barcode securely to the test tube using packing, shipping, or scotch tape (pigmented or fibrous tape, like painter's tape, cannot be used). Ensure that the barcode is very securely taped to the tube.
- *Please ensure the tape covers fully goes over the new barcode. The barcode will remain scannable even if packing tape goes directly over the barcode.