This article will review how to register a tube for pooling and associating test takers to the pool.
- Before Registration
- Registration and Sample Collection
- Register Unsaved Pools in “Register Pooled Tubes” Tab (includes steps to create pools on Test Day)
- Register Saved Pool Groups (see article)
- Confirm and Submit
- After Registration
North Carolina HHS requires demographic information for all tests run including pooled negatives so that they can track testing equity within their entire population including historically marginalized and socially vulnerable populations. Note: As of 1/31/22, all pooled tubes can hold a MAXIMUM of 10 swabs, so please ensure all pools contain between 5-10 Test Takers.
- Refer to these steps and for instructions on sample collection.
- After logging in, ensure that you are in the Test Supervisor view by clicking your name at the top right of the screen, and clicking on Supervisor View.
3. Next, select the location that you are testing at that day (you may only see one location here if you are assigned to only one testing location).
- Now you should be on the Register Pooled Tube screen. On this page, you’ll see the name and address of your testing location. If there are multiple tabs available to you, ensure that you are on the “Register Pooled Tube” tab.
Registration and Sample Collection
Register Unsaved Pools in “Register Pooled Tubes” Tab
Follow the instructions below to create pools to register on Test Day. If you’ve pre-built and saved pool groups, skip these steps and jump to Register Saved Pool Groups.
- **Pools created in the “Register Pooled Tubes” tab will not be saved from week to week. To pre-build saved pools, see this article.
Register Pooled Tube
1. From the “Register Pooled Tube” tab, enter in the pooled tube information.
Register each Test Taker
2. Collect pooled samples from each Test Taker as indicated in the Collection Instructions.
Register Saved Pool Groups
1. Enter a Pool Name of your choosing and wait for the field to auto-populate with a saved pool group.
- From the Test Takers that appear, add/remove them as necessary.
- Enter the total number of participants in the pool, after confirming that it matches the number of individual tubes. *Reminder - this number should be between 5 and 10.
Confirm and Submit
1. Confirm the health questionnaire by clicking the clipboard icon to the left of the Test Taker. These questions prepopulate. If the form is correct, click “Confirm Questionnaire”.
- Check the Registration History at the bottom of the page to ensure that the pool and individual samples were saved. All pooled tubes registered in the past 8 hours will appear in the Registration History.
- If you need to delete, or void a test kit, follow the instructions outlined in this article.
- Prepare the samples for shipping according to the shipping instructions.
- At the end of your Test Day, check inventory at your test location and reorder supplies for your next Test Day through the portal.