There are three main steps to individual PCR testing.
The Test Taker checks in and a Test Kit is registered and assigned to the Test Taker.
A sample is collected from the Test Taker, sealed, and put into a return box.
After being processed at our lab, results will be returned to the Test Champion (and Test Taker if over 18, except in our Pennsylvania program).
To work as efficiently as possible, we recommend setting up the test site as three stations:
- Station 1 – Registration
- Test Taker checks in and the test is registered
- Station 2 – Sample Collection
- Test Taker collects their sample in a private booth (small rooms, dividers, etc)
- Station 3 – Sample Drop off
- Test Taker drops off sample after following the saliva self-collection instructions
Tips & Tricks for Setting Up your Testing Location:
Choose a centralized testing site for testing. This space should have a single, controlled entry and a single, controlled exit point.
This should be located in a central location:
- Gym, cafeteria, library, office, etc
- If opting for a drive-through model, ensure sufficient vehicle spacing. Schedule testing around pick up or drop off times (or on weekends if results come when students are not in school)