Please refer to the attached PDF to set up your new Tera 8100 Barcode Scanner and follow the below instructions.
*Make sure you have the computer the you plan to use on testing day to register tests on hand when setting up scanner.
1. Open Box and plug in the dongle to your computer(see image below):
2. Turn scanner on. The scanner should making a few bleeps to show it is on and connected to your computer.
3. If the scanner does not bleep, pull out USB charging cord and plug in the scanner for 30 minutes to charge.
*Please Note: This USB cord is for charging Only. Plugging the scanner into the computer via the USB charging cord will not connect the scanner to the computer to scan and upload barcodes.
4. Once scanner is on and live, scan the three codes in the attached pdf document.
5. Take a moment to test your barcode scanner:
- Open a blank Excel (or Google Sheets) workbook
- Click into any cell
- Scan any barcode
If a series of numbers and letters populates, you are good to go!
If you are scanning a rapid antigen test QR code (BinaxNow or CareStart) scan the barcode below:
4. Rescan the barcode you originally tried to scan. If letters and numbers do not populate, please try restarting your computer, and, if you are using a web-based workbook, clear your cache and browser history.
5. Rescan the barcode you originally tried to scan. If letters and numbers do not populate, please submit a support ticket to let us know, and we will assist with troubleshooting!